Balanced Diet Plan for Heart Disease
Eating healthy foods will help you recover and reduce your risk of more heart problems.
- Drink mainly water. Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks.
- Eat vegetables, whole grains, fruit, nuts and seeds every day.
- Choose reduced fat milk, cheese and yoghurt.
- Limit fried or baked foods, especially chips, biscuits, cakes and other baked cereal products.
- Avoid adding salt to food. Choose ‘no added salt’, ‘low-salt’ foods where possible.
- Aim for two to three serves of fish and seafood per week.
- Too much alcohol increases your risk of more heart problems.
Helping Loved Ones With Heart Disease Eat Right
|7.00 AM||Early Morning||Warm water with 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds||2 glass|
|7.30 AM||Morning Meal||skimmed milk (cow’s milk)||1 glass|
|8.30 AM||Breakfast||Oats, Upma||1|
|11.00 AM||Mid Meal||Fruit(Apple, Orange, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Guava, Kiwi)||1|
|1.30 PM||Lunch||Cucumber, Phulka, Mixed vegetable, Dal, brown rice||1|
|4.30 PM||Snacks||Fruit/Garlic Khakra||1|
|7.30 PM||Dinner||Same as Lunch||1|
|Foods to Include||Foods to Avoid|
|Raw whole fruits, vegetables, green vegetables, oats, whole grains, pulses, almonds, walnuts, skimmed milk, egg white, lean chicken, lean fish etc.||Fruit juices with sugar, sweets, fried food, processed food, packed foods, butter, margarine, cream, mayonnaise, mutton, meat, fried chicken etc.|